2012-05-12

Behind The Thangkas



Source: Behind the Thangkas (http://behindthethangkas.wordpress.com/2011/11/20/14-behind-the-thangkas/)


Janine recalls that setting up the space for an orgy involved taking down the thangkas from the chalet walls to reveal girlie pictures concealed behind them.

A meeting took place during the summer of 2009, between Janine and a former Sogyal girlfriend Flora Sinclair — who was with him for a while during the 1980s. During this encounter, both of them recalled their problems with Sexually Transmitted Infections:

“He gave me a yellow bottle of disinfectant and told me to wash with it after we had sex”, says Flora. “I knew of four other women who were sleeping with him at the time – then one day I saw a different woman coming out of his room carrying a yellow bottle”.

Janine said that all the girls during her sojourn in the harem were constantly having to deal with STIs:
“He never uses condoms”, she says, “my gynaecological record during that time was a disaster zone.”

Ask Janine how she dealt with her situation and she says the only way she could cope was to close down into denial:
“I didn’t think about it – I have a capacity to leave my body – I’m just not there”, she says, “ but I felt so ashamed because I allowed it to happen. We were constantly humiliated. I was the only one who did not have to ask him for money and was not obliged to wear Barbie Doll clothes that he paid for.

“One of the most humiliating things happened to Anna. Sogyal always has diarrhoea – his diabetes and his diarrhoea make him extremely irritable. We had to wipe his arse each time he took a crap. He also has haemorrhoids. Someone wiped his arse, then he asked her to stick a finger in and it hurt — so he went into a total fit and called in all the girls. He asked each of us to wipe him to see who was the best. That was the only time I heard him say something nice about Anna – he announced that it was one thing she could do well.”


Chapters
17) Witnesses
16) The three year retreat
15) Janine’s epiphany….
14) Behind the Thangkas
13) Dakini Janine
12) Fast forward to 2006
11) After the lawsuit
10) The lawsuit
9) Enter Dierdre Smith
8) The book that made a million
7) Conquering America
6) Breaking the bond and the birth of Rigpa
5) Sex conquests and doubts
4) Trungpa Rinpoche and the rock star lifestyle
3) Career launch in London
2) Charisma, luck, chutzpah and a lawsuit
1) Behind The Thangkas

No comments:

Post a Comment